Recent Posts

Monday, January 23, 2012

Lancome Genifique vs L'oreal Youth Code

I've always looked younger than my actual age. I'll be 25 this year, so I'm constantly looking for new products to preserve my 17-19 year old face :P  I have a grandma that's in her 80's from Dominica, and she hardly has any wrinkles!




I tried a sample of the Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate awhile a ago and loved it. The price is what's keeping me from purchasing it. It's $60 for .67 oz, $80 for 1 oz, $100 for 1.7 oz, and $130 for 2.5 oz. I searched online to see if there was a cheaper alternative and there is. L'Oreal Youth Code Serum is basically the same thing as Lancome's Youth Activating Concentrate. ** L'Oreal owns Lancome**


Here are the ingredients below:


Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate

Sample
Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Edta, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate.




L'Oreal Youth Code Serum

Full Sized

Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 7, Adenosine, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Taurate, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, N Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Octyldodecanol, Sodium Benzoate, Limonene, Fragrance.



Both have:


Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Adenosine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Octyldodecanol, Fragrance.



They both have 18 ingredients that are the same plus, Youth Code is way cheaper. $19.99-$24.99 for 1 oz! If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to Lancome's Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate, try L'Oreal's Youth Code Serum.  


4 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...[Reply]

You are not even 25? Wow! So young. Enjoy your 20's.

Wow. I really need these. I like L'oreal's price and will look into this product.

www.thegirlieblog.com

Johnnett Nettiema Taylor said...[Reply]

I have been wanting to try the L'oreal and who can beat the price. Thank you for following me x0x0

ClosetVoyage said...[Reply]

you're so good to start your anti-age care early!! I should realy start taking care of my skin better too...I'm trying Riceforce atm!

www.closetvoyage.com

♔cominica♔ said...[Reply]

I want to try both of them :)

Post a Comment

free counters
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected